Electric & Gas Rate Database for Software Developers
As energy solutions become more complex, energy management software must evolve as well, and this field is growing each year. With all the work that goes into computer software programming, you need all the time you can get with these projects. If you’d like to include electric or gas rates in your product, you don’t want to waste time gathering the data. Spending hours researching energy utility rates isn’t doing anyone any favors when it comes to meeting deadlines and developing successful software.
One way to avoid this extra research and data entry is to use a database that’s already done it for you. RateAcuity™ is a powerful resource for energy management software companies that provides software developers with on-demand, accurate data wherever they need it, whether for themselves or the end user.
How Energy Management Software Developers Use Utility Rate Data
An electric and gas rate database for software developers can accomplish a wide array of tasks, from tracking utility costs to operating an entire building’s control system. There are many ways in which developers use electricity and gas data. Some of the tasks they might need electricity or gas rate data for include:
- Verifying rates
- Displaying rates to users
- Tracking energy consumption
- Letting users compare usage rates
- Making in-app calculations based on current rates
- Making usage or rate forecasts
RateAcuity offers a wide selection of accurate, updated and easy-to-access data for energy management software developers, so they can spend more time focusing on the big picture and offering insights to users.
The Benefits of RateAcuity Data Reports for Energy Software Developers
In addition to offering vital data that software developers need, RateAcuity comes with a variety of other benefits and resources for energy management software companies. These advantages include:
- Minimizing time-consuming research: There are much more valuable ways your software developers can spend their time besides researching electricity or gas rate data. You can improve productivity, helping them reach their goals faster, and save money since you won’t be paying highly skilled workers to complete mundane tasks.
- Eliminating manual data entry: Manual data entry is eliminated when you use RateAcuity, which can generate custom data reports for energy software developers quickly and easily. RateAcuity also comes in an application programming interface (API), so you can integrate it with your app and offer valuable insights to clients with just a click.
- Additional client-facing features: With the API, you can provide your users with powerful new features and information, adding greater functionality to the program. For instance, a utility management program might show users how much their rates have gone down since using it, providing a valuable tracking metric.
- Providing human-readable information: Generated reports are all standardized and easy to read for clarity and quick comprehension. No more oddly formatted data from various utility providers. Instead, developers can see everything in one succinct picture.
- Next-level accuracy: Data accuracy is of the utmost importance, and RateAcuity keeps a strict data accuracy program in place to ensure we stay as close to perfect as possible. Accurate data means more trustworthy projects and more informed decision-making.
Get Started With RateAcuity Today
If you want the most accurate, easy-to-access energy management software electricity and gas rate data, turn to RateAcuity. Our program is armed with some of the most accurate and updated information available, as well as an easy-to-use interface and standardized reporting. If you want to see how the benefits apply to your company, try RateAcuity free for 14 days.