Data Accuracy Errors

As I mentioned in my previous post regarding beginning the RateAcuity data accuracy program, we know no one is perfect and errors in the RateAcuity database will be discovered. Unfortunately, some errors have already been found. Having a customer find errors in the RateAcuity database has caused me some sleepless nights, but I want to thank the customers that reported issues so that we can fix the problems and make the product better for all.

My previous post described the things we consider when evaluating an error such as when the error was made. For the errors that were reported, we were able to track back and determine when the errors occurred. We have updated our accuracy stat chart:

Month Schedules Errors Accuracy
January 2020 3292 85 99.97418
February 2020 3374 7 99.99793
March 2020 2924 9 99.99692
April 2020 3463 57 99.98354
May 2020 3185 1 99.99969
June 2020 4043 85 99.97898
July 2020 3435 70 99.97962
August 2020 2520 6 99.99762
September 2020 2769 3 99.99892
March 2020 3765 9 99.99761

In addition to determining when the errors occurred, we also performed a root cause analysis on each error found, asking ourselves “How did this happen?” and “What can we do to prevent it from happening again?”. Using mistakes as learning experiences, implementing changes to prevent them from happening again, and therefore making our product better is the goal of this investigation. Asking ourselves these questions has enabled us to identify areas where our team needed additional training, and to make the process and technical changes to assist in preventing these same types of errors from happening in the future.

Our data accuracy program is invaluable to RateAcuity, and to our customers. We are committed to keeping our community informed about how it is going, even when it is not great. This report was not pretty (errors are ugly!). We will continue to share our progress as we move through this journey. Stay tuned!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *